I am very excited for opportunity to introduce you to the first fashion blogger in Moldova - Doina. I'm 100% sure that this girl will hit the blog world, so hurry up to follow The Golden Diamonds!
FULL NAME: Doina Ciobanu
HOMETOWN: Chisinau, Moldova
BLOGGING SINCE: June 2010
BLOG: The Golden Diamonds
1) Why did you start blogging and whats your favourite thing about it? I started blogging because I really loved fashion and wanted to do something in the fashion industry, to be a part of it. Moreover I wanted to do something new for me and my country. It was really exciting to start blogging, knowing you would be the first one who does it. I feel that I've become a lot more addicted to fashion than I was when I started my blog, because now my online diary is a MUST do. My readers really make me really happy, i think they're one of my favorite things about blogging.
2) How would you describe your style? It is hard to be described, it's more just a mix of things I like and enjoy, but if to try to define it, it will be more 'casual chic'
3) What are three pieces you’d hate to live without and why? I don't think I have 3pieces, the only thing I can't live whitout is shoes. Shoes are my total obsession and I really can't imagine myself without heels.
4) Who and/or what inspires your style? I don't really have a source of inspiration. I'm usually inspired by dreams, history, art and music.
5) What are a few of your favorite blogs? My favorites are Chicmuse, Fashion Toast and Stylescrapbook
6) What’s the story behind your blog’s name? There is really no interesting story, I found it really difficult. I think it just describes myself, because according to the horoscope diamonds are my talisman, and I love them very much too. Gold is the most stunning metal, it looks very elegant and chic, so that is how I came to The Golden Diamonds.
7) Where do you love to go shopping (special spots, flea markets, or other haunts)? I've recently moved to the Uk, but before that I had lived in Moldova. I couldn't find anything for me, so it was really difficult. I used to shop online, but a lot of online shops don't ship to Moldova, in this case I went shopping with my family to Milan, Barcelona or Bucharest. Now I still love to shop online, and my favorite websites are: Farfetch, Net-a-Porter, LuisaViaRoma, Zara (online shopping available only in certain countries) and Solestruck.
8) Do you have any advice for other bloggers out there? Don't be afraid, the most difficult is to start and keep it for the first months, then it just goes by itself and everything you have is to enjoy it. Good luck!